Monday, February 8, 2010

First Angelus #2 review!!

(Seems like another winner everyone! Angelus #2 hits comic bookstores February 10! This one is from Cosmic Book News! My copy was preordered a long time ago, partially paid, so on February 10 I'll pay the rest and then it's off to the apartment of yours truly!)

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

ANGELUS #2
Ron Marz, Writer
Stjepan Sejic, Artist & Cover
Troy Peteri, Letters
$2.99

Warning: Contains Spoilers

*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*

In my review of Angelus #1, I admitted I was blown away by artist Stjepan Sejic. In this issue, I am twice as blown away.

I get the feeling that writer Ron Marz and the Top Cow big wigs stepped back and said, “Let him run free!” And what we get is this art that is making painter Alex Ross sweat.

The pictures of the Angelus City are something George Lucas would cry at.

I am sure I am repeating myself, but it is just that good.

This time around, Marz really gets into the head and tells the story. Sabine, who is showing Dani, the bearer of the Angelus power, is just slightly so menacing, yet if you crossed her in a dark alley, you pray all she does is tear out your heart.

Instead, in this issue Marz tells a kick ass story that will come to a point later with an apparent confrontation between Dani, the Angelus bearer, and her buddy Jackie, the bearer of the Darkness armor.

As I have said, Top Cow has some amazing super heroes just steeped in their own mythology.

Just...wow...is all I can say.

Again, worth 10 times the cover price.

Again...wow.

No comments:

Post a Comment